Monday, November 4, 2013

The Menu - October Empties

Onto another one of the end-of-the-month posts, this time it's my October Empties. I love writing and reading empties posts as the person has completely used up the products and is giving you a true account of whether they would repurchase or recommend the individual products. I prefer these recommendations to first impressions because if you are anything like me, I am super excited about something when I buy it but a few times I have grown disenchanted with something halfway through using it and my empties posts will tell you if that has happened.


The first three products are all body products and they have all been reviewed by me before so to save us all time, I will link my reviews of these below.

I loved the St Ives Daily Hydrating body lotion as it's great value, smells great and is a fab lotion if you live somewhere warm or humid as this product sinks into the skin quickly and doesn't make you sweaty or sticky. Here is my detailed review of the St Ives Body Lotions (I have tried 4 different types). I have replaced this body lotion with a small tub of The Body Shop Strawberry Body Butter which I am not a huge fan off, but received in a swap and want to use up.

The two body creams/scrubs I have finished are the Rituals Rice Scrub and Sunrise Scrub. Both were OK but for the price these didn't last long enough and the weren't scrubby enough for my taste. Here's the link for my full review.


Onto skincare, I have finished off my Cleanse and Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser by Liz Earle and I am distraught. This is one of my favourite cleansers of all time and a must repurchase when I am done with the other cleansers that I have hauled. I replaced this with the Soap & Glory Fab Pore Hot Cloth Cleanser which is also lovely but not as good as the Liz Earle. I will be doing an indepth review of the Soap & Glory version this week.

Another product I am sad to see finish is the Estee Lauder Gentle Eye Makeup Remover which has been a faithful eye makeup remover for me over the last 3 months. It's truly super gentle and does a great job of taking off all my eye makeup. When I used this to take off my Benefit They're Real Mascara though, I did have to rub a little bit. I have replaced this with the Lancome Bi-Facil which is also great, but a little more oily.

I have already done an indepth review of the Korres Wild rose and Vitamin C Advanced Brightening Sleeping Facial - here. I love this product and it really did brighten my skin considerably. I have replaced this with my Glam Glow Mask that I use once a week. Here's my review of the Glam Glow Mud Mask.

Then we have the rather disappointing Percy & Reed Brilliantly Beautiful Superglossing Mask. This product was a dud for me because it stripped my hair of it's natural oils and left me with brittle and fluffy locks. Not good. I used it as a cleansing shampoo, a rather expensive one. I have replaced this with a Herbal Essentials Seductively Straight Hair Mask, which cost about a fifth of the price and does a decent job at hydrating my hair and making it glossy.


I am so chuffed to have finished my Simple Kind To Lips Intensive Lip Moisturiser. I have had this 10 ml tube forever and it's actually nothing great. It does what vaseline would do for my lips. Replaced this with the Elemis Lip Revive, which I quite like for daytime use.

I have also finished my sample of the cult classic, Clarins Beauty Flash Balm. I love this product, I have used it for years (not this particular tube) and it's always given me a great base to apply makeup on or as a great alternative to foundations on days when I want to look natural and low key. I have an indepth review here.

The next product is my HOLY GRAIL mascara, shame it's so expensive. It's the Diorshow Extase and I got a sample of this from Sephora as one of my 100 point perk. If you are loaded or are feeling flush, I urge you to try this mascara. It will change your life. It does not clump, does not smear, can be layered, volumises and lengthens and is the blackest of blacks. Replaced this with the Revlon Lash Potion mascara.

I have finished off a few samples in October and I have loved all of these. 

The first is the Paul Mitchell The Detangler Super Rich Conditioner. I only got 2 uses out of this tiny tiny tube but I think it did a great job of conditioning my hair. 

I used up the Aveda Dry Remedy Moisturising Treatment Masque 10 ml sample which I managed to use up all at once!! I liked this, but I think you can find better moisturising masks for less money. 

I also finished the Youngblood Eye Impact Eye Cream 3 ml. I LOVED this eye cream. The 3 ml sample lasted me for 2 months! It's a really wonderfully creamy consistency, I loved that it came with a pump even though it was a sample and best of all I got results from using a sample eye cream! My under eye area was nourished and I had no more puffy eyes. Great product. I have replaced this with a sample of Bobbi Brown's Extra Eye Repair Cream.

I also got through my favourite hand cream, it's the Nuxe Reve De Miel Hand and Nail Cream. I have already repurchased this. It smells divine, sinks in quickly and is super moisturising without being greasy. 

I received a sample of the extremely luxurious Tammy Fender Intensive Repair Balm which is meant to provide souped up hydration for dry skin. I only had a little sample but as the product is so nice and thick, I managed to get about 4 days use out of the sachet. If I was a princess I'd buy this product which retails at $130 for 54 g!!!

The last product was part of my October Ipsy Glambag. It's the Nourish Organic Coconut and Argan Body Lotion which is only found in Target. I really enjoyed using this as I loved the scent so much (a condensed milk smell!!).

These were all my empties from last month. I think I did quite well!! :)

0 comments :

Post a Comment

type='text/javascript'/>