So first lets start with the packaging. OMG. I love the lovely black and white theme, it's pretty timeless. I adore that the box is large and comes with a Bobbi Brown crest (that shape in above) and gives lots of info about the product. It includes the ingredients, how to use the product etc.
Then you open the box and nestled inside is a beautiful clear thick glass tub with a beautiful glossy black lid that also has the Bobbi Brown crest on top. I would usually state here that I am not a fan of sticking my fingers into tubs of products and I usually prefer pumps as they are more hygienic, but the cream within in so thick (think thick dense greek yoghurt consistency) that it would be difficult to put it in any other kind of packaging.
The Hydrating Face Cream contains algae extract to moisturize and condition, vitamin E (antioxidant), and caffeine. It also contains an enriched mineral water blend that contains -
- Zinc to help remove damaged tissue
- Calcium to help maintain the natural moisture and barrier functions of the upper epidermis and stimulate the skin to make new cells
- Copper, which is necessary for the production of collagen and elastin, the structural components of healthy skin
- Iron to help carry oxygen in the body and aid in immune function and energy metabolism
- Magnesium, essential for healthy skin and ideal for topical use - it aids in cellular renewal, protein formation, DNA production - it even discourages skin irritations
- Potassium to help with the growth of new skin cells
Due to the thick nature of the cream, you only need a little to hydrate your entire face. I have to also add that the product is lightly perfumed, it smells like a sophisticated spa, in keeping with the algae and enriched mineral water content.
So here is my verdict, I have been using this cream for the last 3 weeks and I am super impressed. I love the fact that you only need a little bit so the 50 ml tub will last me for the next few months. I find that I can use this cream both day and night as it absorbs really quickly into the skin and doesn't leave a residue on the skin. I believe that this product has helped me a great deal and I am so glad I picked it up. If you are looking for a great quality effective face cream that you can use in the mornings and at night do give Bobbi Brown skincare a go.
Let me know what your winter skincare recommendations are. I am always curious to know what you guys like to use.