Monday, April 21, 2014

Current lash combo - Covergirl Lashblast Fusion & Marc Jacobs Lash Lifter

Let's face it, I don't layer two mascaras everyday. I usually just use a volumising mascara, in this case the Covergirl Lashblast Fusion waterproof mascara. But on those rare days when I am not running around like a headless chicken, I found that layering mascaras shows off my eyelashes to their full potential. I have found a good combo for my lashes recently, it's the Marc Jacobs Lash Lifter mascara.

Marc Jacobs Lash Lifter Covergirl Lashblast Fusion
I am bad at describing mascara wands and all that jazz so I'll let the pictures do the talking. However, just a note, usually volumizing mascaras have fat wands with short teeth and the lengthening mascaras have skinny wands with long teeth. Another fun little piece of information is that volumizing mascaras are dryer and thicker in texture whereas the lengthening ones are wetter and runnier in texture!

Covergirl Lashblast Fusion
Covergirl Lashblast Fusion
Marc Jacobs Lash Lifter
Marc Jacobs Lash Lifter
 So once I have done all the layering etc., this is what my lashes look like -


I have not done my eyebrows (not even groomed them!!!, yuck), so excuse that whole area. I have also only tight-lined but left the upper lash line alone so you can really see what the lashes look like. The eye look is just 2 shadows, the Maybelline Color Tattoo in Barely Branded and then topped off with the Bourjois Bronzing Powder

1 comments :

  1. I love the combo of the high end Marc Jacobs with the drugstore Covergirl. I'm always testing out different mascaras and mixing them together!


    Meghan


    www.todaysbeautyobsession.com

    ReplyDelete

type='text/javascript'/>