Monday, April 28, 2014

Birchbox April 2014 Unboxing

This month of April I indulged in 3 beauty boxes!! One of them was Birchbox. This is my first Birchbox and I am not blown away with the contents, but it's a fun box.

Birchbox April 2014

This month's theme was 'Rainy Days' and each box had a tip card included with tips on how to spend a rainy day.

Birchbox April 2014
Birchbox April 2014

Birchbox has started a new program called Birchbox Aces which allows their best customers to get some more perks for their shopping.

Birchbox April 2014

The Birchbox also comes with a card that lists all the products and the Lifestyle Extra.

Birchbox April 2014

The Lifestyle Extra included this month was a Maple Pumpkin Seeds Kind Bar, which is very chewy but quite tasty.

Maple Pumpkin Seeds Kind Bar

Now onto the contents of the box.

Birchbox April 2014

The first product is this Hydrating Night Creme by Derma e (0.5 oz) which is a decent sample size for a night cream. I am looking forward to using it, seems to have decent reviews on Ulta.com. I have never heard of this brand though, so I might do a review of this product as there are probably not many reviews floating out there.

Hydrating Night Creme by Derma e
Hydrating Night Creme by Derma e

The next product included is a body wash by Gilchrist & Soames. I have used their products before as they are present in most Marriott's that I have stayed in. I was disappointed with the size as their body washes are not expensive so Birchbox could have included a full sized product.

http://www.birchbox.com/shop/spa-therapy-sea-wreck-body-wash

I am quite excited about the Color Club mini nail lacquer in the shade Gem Struck. You can see it applied to my thumb nail. It's quite opaque color in just one coat.

Color Club mini nail lacquer in the shade Gem Struck

The Cynthia Rowley Eyeliner was something I was so excited to see, because I have heard so much about it, but I was disappointed to see that the shade included was silver. It feels soft and smooth but seriously who uses a silver eyeliner these days, and it looks so stark against my skin tone. I might have to figure some other use for this liner.

Cynthia Rowley Eyeliner

That was the entire contents of my Birchbox. Have you subscribed to this subscription service? What have your boxes been like?

0 comments :

Post a Comment

type='text/javascript'/>