Sunday, April 27, 2014

April 2014 Ipsy Glambag Unboxing

It's Ipsy unboxing time. Ipsy is a $10 a month beauty subscription service currently only available in the States. I have had an Ipsy subscription for over a year and it has yet to disappoint.

This months Ipsy Glam Bag, named Beauty Rocks, contains everything you need to transform your look from winter blues to punk rock glam! I love the bag this month and we were sent 5 products.

April 2014 Ipsy Glambag

The first product I picked out was the Rainbow Honey Nail Polish in Midnight Fountain. The formula feels amazing and I really love the color! One of the fun things about a beauty subscription service is that it is a platform for young brands to market themselves, and it allows us to find new brands that we love. I had never heard of Rainbow Honey before and I'm curious to try their other products.

Rainbow Honey Nail Polish in Midnight Fountain
Rainbow Honey Nail Polish in Midnight Fountain
Urban Decay 24/7 Velvet Glide-On Eye Pencil in “Black Velvet" is the next product and this one everyone seems to have received. It's nice to see a big brand in the bag. Although my pencil arrived broken, I can see that it's a decent sized sample so I will sharpen and use this product. I have never used a UD eyeliner before but have been reading about them for years. Everyone seems to love them, so I'm stoked to be able to try one.

Urban Decay 24/7 Velvet Glide-On Eye Pencil in “Black Velvet"
Urban Decay 24/7 Velvet Glide-On Eye Pencil in “Black Velvet"

The next product I received was a Mary Kay Jelly Lip Gloss in Teddy Bare (full size). This lip gloss is meant to have a jelly texture that offers brilliant, intense shine with a sheer wash of color. These cost $10 which is extremely over priced. I’m not keen on the color. It's a fairly boring nude and most nude colors don’t look good on me. This will be gifted to one of my friends.

Mary Kay Jelly Lip Gloss in Teddy Bare
Mary Kay Jelly Lip Gloss in Teddy Bare
Mary Kay Jelly Lip Gloss in Teddy Bare
Mary Kay Jelly Lip Gloss in Teddy Bare
The last two products are the Dr. Brandt Microdermabrasion Skin Exfoliant & Big Sexy Hair Root Pump Volumising Spray Mousse.

I was so amazed to see a sample (albeit fairly small sample 0.25 oz) of the Dr. Brandt Microdermabrasion Skin Exfoliant. This stuff is $78 full size!! I doubt I will purchase the full size but then again it sort of depends on how much I love the sample. See this is why brands should offer samples more often as people buy the full size of an expensive something if they are wowed by the results, but just walk by them in store if they've never tried the product. Marketing 101.

The Big Sexy Hair Root Pumping Volumising Spray Mousse is an OK size sample (1.06 oz). I will probably give this product away as I have received many similar products and I have too many to use up. Also, I have naturally thick hair (as I have told Ipsy) so volumising products are not what I am looking for.

So there we are, another month with some great products. I think this was my least favourite Ipsy bag this year, because of the Mary Kay gloss and the Big Sexy Hair Root Pumping Volumising Spray Mousse. But 3 out of 5 is not bad. Looking forward to next month's bag already!!

If you want to get your own Ipsy bag, you can sign up here, I receive referral points for everyone who signs up with my link but also, if you do sign up using a referral link they put you at the top of the waitlist (yes there is a waitlist!).

0 comments :

Post a Comment

type='text/javascript'/>