Sunday, February 2, 2014

Ipsy Glambag January 2014

Woweee... I finally got my January Ipsy Bag, it arrived on the 31st, which is ridiculous. But I was so excited to finally see the bright pink envelope that I forgave Ipsy instantly :)

This month the bag is a cute sky blue with a "sky line" of cosmetic bottles!! Fun. I love the design.

For those of you who haven't come across Ipsy before, it's a monthly beauty subscription which costs $10 and includes 5 deluxe samples of products and also a cute makeup bag which is a different design each month. It's my favourite beauty subscription service and I have tried Glossybox and Birchbox before but the value that Ipsy delivers is much better, although that's just in my experience. If you love the other subscriptions too that's great.

Ipsy Glambag January 2014

Here are the contents of my bag, and I love this month's products. Everything is useful and fun! I love trying new stuff don't you?
Ipsy Glambag January 2014

This month I received a Face Lotion by Nourish Organic that is sold exclusively in Target. It's a 15 ml sample so it's a decent size. The full size is 50 ml and costs $21.99 and you can find it here. This stuff smells amazing btw, it must be the rosewater in it.

Face Lotion by Nourish Organic
Face Lotion by Nourish Organic

The second product is a Mica Beauty Tinted Lip Balm in the shade #5 Natural and I fell in love with this as soon I looked at the colour and then swatched the formula. It's beautifully creamy and hydrating. The shade is perfect for me and I think would suit most skintones, I am going to use it everyday until I run out. When I went onto Mica Beauty's website I found that the packaging is the exact same as the Caitlyn Tinted Lip Balms which is strange and makes me think that both the products are manufactured at the same factory. However I find that the consistency of the Mica Beauty Tinted Lip Balm is more creamy and less like a lipstick as compared the Caitlyn Tinted Lip Balm. However the full size costs a whopping $30 which is insanely expensive in my opinion.

Mica Beauty Tinted Lip Balm
Mica Beauty Tinted Lip Balm

The next product that I received was the Elizabeth Mott Smooth Shadow creamy eye pencil in the shade Penny. Its a coppery shade that will be quite flattering on tan skintones. I was surprised to see that the pencil is actually quite thin and pointed like an eye liner instead of a chubby shadow stick so I think I might use it as an eye liner. The full size is $14.99.

Elizabeth Mott Smooth Shadow creamy eye pencil

The next product is the first hair mask that I have received in Ipsy and I am super excited. This one is by the brand Briogeo which I've never heard of. The product is called Don't Despair, Repair! $26.00 for full price. This mask contains Avocado, Sweet Almond and Argan oils. I haven't tried it yet but I can't wait too. Smells nice too.

Don't Despair, Repair!
Don't Despair, Repair!
Don't Despair, Repair!

The last product that I received in my Ipsy Glambag were cleansing wipes, a 10 wipes sample. At first glance I thought these were Garnier wipes (because of the green and black packaging) however on closer inspection I can confirm that these are by a brand called Absolute and have Pomegranate Extract and can be found here for $6.99.


0 comments :

Post a Comment

type='text/javascript'/>