Thursday, January 30, 2014

Tackling hydration with Caudalie Vinosource

Winter is a time when I am always looking for hydrating products be it creams, toners or serums. Well this time I hit the jackpot and found three hydrating products in one cute set!!

Caudalie Vinosource Hydration Set
Caudalie Vinosource Hydration Set
If you haven't heard of Caudalie, it is a really great brand started by a couple from France (wine country in France) to use the great qualities of grapes and packing it all really nicely for us to use! It's a fabulous brand and I have yet to find any of their products that I don't like. They are priced really fairly too.

This set was $48 which is the price of the serum alone. So it was a no brainer and I got one. Now don't hate me, I searched and searched and found that the Caudalie Vinosource Hydration Set was limited edition. But don't despair because all of these products are available individually and they are worth buying let me tell you.



The gift set comes in this lovely black sleeve with a pink ribbon at the bottom and then the products are cradled in a sturdy black drawer which has a cute pink tag to pull it out! Cute!! I am going to use the drawer to store my daily makeup to stop it from covering my entire desk top.

In this set they included their Grape Water (75 ml) which is spray that you can use as a toner or to refresh your face during the day. The ingredients on this product are so simple - it only contains 1 ingredient and that's the Grape Water!! How often can we say that about any products these days, so great to see that they are true to their promise of healthy great quality skin care. I have been using this Grape Water as my morning toner as the spray wakes me up nicely and preps my skin. I am loving this and I think I will definitely repurchase this once I run out. It's a wonderful product.

The next product included is a deluxe sample of the Caudalie Vinosource Moisturing Sorbet (10 ml). I love that it's a tube instead of a pot. The word sorbet made me think that this will be a liquid-y cream and might not be very hydrating. Not sure what I was expecting when I first used this really, but I was so pleasanly surprised. I am using this after the Grape Water as my morning face cream and will use it until the tube is gone. It's a lovely light whipped cream type of product, it has hardly any smell which is wonderful (I am not a huge fan of heavily scented skincare). The product absorbs really easily and is quite hydrating. The packing claims that you can use this during the day and at night. But I don't think that I would be satisfied with the hydration level that this provides to use it at night. I usually like to use a really hydrating cream at night and this sorbet cream isn't hydrating enough for night time use for me. It is great for daytime though, especially when paired with the Vinosource Serum and the Grape Water.

Caudalie Vinosource Moisturing Sorbet
Caudalie Vinosource Moisturing Sorbet
Caudalie Vinosource Moisturing Sorbet
Top - Caudalie Vinosource Moisturing Sorbet; Bottom - Caudalie Vinosource SOS Thirst Quenching Serum.
The last product in this set is the true star of this set. It's the Caudalie Vinosource SOS Thirst Quenching Serum (30 ml). I have used this serum before and it was in one of my favourites too, so I am no stranger to this product. I do want to give you a jist of what it does and why I like it -
  • it's a lovely consistency - it's a milky product that is easy to blend into the skin and absorbs immediately with no residue.
  • no smell that I can detect - as I said before, heavily scented skincare just scares me.
  • super hydrating, does what it says on the bottle - I was skeptical till I tried this. I don't have uber dry skin but during winter my skin feels truly parched and this serum has saved me multiple times.
  • it comes with a pump and a lovely sturdy glass bottle - my favourite kind of packaging.
The one con is that this serum on it's own costs $49 (this entire set was $48!) but you can find good deals. Skinstore.com which carries Caudalie products have 20% off promotion currently so you could buy from them and save yourself some hard earned dough.

Caudalie Vinosource SOS Thirst Quenching Serum

That's all from me today, hope you enjoyed this post. Let me know if you have tried any of these products and if you liked them as much as me.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

type='text/javascript'/>