Sunday, July 14, 2013

The Unboxing - Ipsy July 2013 unbagging

It's that wonderful time of the month when I receive my Ipsy Glam bag. For those who don't know, Ipsy is a beauty box/bag subscription service that costs $10 a month and you receive 5 sample size products to try. I have been a subscriber for 6 months now and I have loved almost every bag. The best one so far was April but this month seems quite good too.

IPSY GLAMBAG JULY 2013

This month the bag is a clear small pencil case shaped bag in pink. I love clear bags for makeup as it helps me find stuff quickly. So love the bag and already think I might be using this everyday to store my daily touch up products that I use in the office.

The products I received all seem pretty useful. Lets start with the ones I am least excited about -

The Pop Beauty Pouty Pop Crayon which I received in the shade Fuschia Flirt. I don't think much of this product but considering you can get 6 for $25 at Ulta, these are probably the least expensive lip crayons out there. The packaging is okay, I do like that you don't need to sharpen these as they twist up. The colour on me makes me look like Nicki Minaj, which might be great if you like that sort of look but I don't. It's got a lot of white which makes my lips look really pale compared with the rest of my face. I also really didn't like the texture which is waxy and very heavy on the lips. These rub off really easily too, so all in all, an okay product if you are happy reapplying it to your lips all the time, and are ready to work with the texture. I personally am not a huge fan.
Pouty Pop Crayon swatch in shade Fushia Flirt
The BH Cosmetics eyeshadow sampler contains three eyeshadows, one from each of their three eyeshadow palettes - BH Hollywood, BH San Francisco and BH Malibu. I really wanted to try BH cosmetics eyeshadows as they are such good value. So am really chuffed that Ipsy sent me this. I will definitely use it soon and get back to you guys with my opinion. I am not loving the colours that were included though. They are not exactly everyday colours so I might have to wait for a night out to use these babies. But I am excited about this product. Yippee.
BH Cosmetics eyeshadow sampler
Big Sexy Hair Weather Proof is a humidity resistant hair spray. The sample we received is 50 ml so decent size. I am excited to try this out during the humid Chicago summer, lets see if this works. *Prays it does.

SPF 20 Face Coola Mineral Sunscreen is a face sunscreen. I am so excited about this but the sample is only 7 ml, which I'll probably use everyday and finish off within a week. But I do love getting samples that are easy to use and so so useful. Thumbs up.

Demeter Salt Air Roll On Perfume Oil was a product that when I spotted it made my heart sink. I received a similar gardenia flavoured roll on perfume from Ipsy before and it was awful, so I was not holding my breath for this one. But turns out I love it!! This one smells lovely on me, and I will definitely use it as roll on perfumes are dead easy to travel with. *Does the happy dance.

So all in all, a decent bag from Ipsy. I was gutted not to receive the Benetint which some lucky girls did receive but I am happy enough with my bag. Ipsy does a great job at picking fun stuff and all for $10!! Did you receive your bag yet? Did you get the benetint?? Do let me know.

4 comments :

  1. I love this bag! It needs to come to the UK.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the bags that Ipsy comes out with too.. so excited that you visited my blog!! Thanks! xxx

      Delete
  2. i'm praying that I don't get this lip color :( i don't want to look like N/ Minaj

    My Blog: Caught in a Daze.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HaHa.. I hope you don't get this colour either. They have some nice colours but of course I had to get one that doesn't work with my skin tone :) Let me know what you received in your Glambag.

      xx

      Delete

type='text/javascript'/>