I cannot believe that I was nominated for the Liebster Blog Award by not one but two fellow bloggers! Thank you girls - Kallie from Butfirstcoffeeblog and Jessica from Weareoceans, you guys are the best.
What is the Liebster Award:
So the Liebster Award is an award that is given by bloggers to new bloggers with less than 200 followers in order to get them noticed and help spread the word.
- Each nominee must answer the 11 questions that were asked by the blogger that nominated them, I will answer more as I have 2 nominations!
- You must choose 11 bloggers with under 200 followers to pass the award onto.
- Then make 11 questions for them to answer.
- Go to their page and tell them about their nomination.
- No tag backs.
How would you describe your style?- My style is mostly casual chic (or rather casual trying to be chic)
What beauty product have you been using the longest?
- Lip glosses, I think I started using a lip gloss when I was in my teens, although I do remember pretending my chapstick was a lip gloss for a while before I got an actual one :)
Best concent/live event you've been to?
- I haven't been to many concerts (outside of India), I always thought they were super expensive. But I am working on changing that now. The 2 that have stuck in my memory have been a concert that we sort of stumbled upon on the promenade in Split (Croatia) when I was on holiday and the other was an amazing Jazz showcase at the incredible Preservation Hall in New Orleans early last year.
If you had to use one animal to describe yourself, which animal would you pick?
- A tiger, I love my own company and am known to be quite feisty on occasions
If you could only use one nail polish for the rest of your life, which brand/color would it be?
- Not sure, I don't really remember nail polish names. Sorry can't answer this one.
If you could live in any time era which would you choose?
- The 1920s.. I love the style and oppulence of that bygone era.
What is your favorite peice of jewlry you own?
- My engagement ring for obvious reasons (BTW, Indians don't do wedding rings).
How many places have you lived in your lifetime?
- Do you want the long answer or the short one? Umm I have lived in 5 different places, 2 in India, 2 in the UK and 1 in USA.
Weirdest food you've ever eaten?
- Squid. It tasted like rubber.
What is the best advice you've ever been given?
- You only live once.
What is one thing you do everyday, that other poeple probably don't?
- Talk to my mum :)
Jessica's questions are:
If you could visit any place on earth, where would it be/what would do you there?
- Ok this is really hard for me as my travel wish list is the length of my arm. However, my current hot wish is to visit Argentina and Brazil and there I would make my way to the Igauzu falls.
Who is your favorite author and/or book?
- Author : Michael Palin, Book : Odessa File.
Is there any fashion trend you're really into right now? Or a design (do you find yourself racking up clothes with stripes, polka dots, etc.)?
- Stripes.. I am loving stripes right now.
What types of blogs do you enjoy following (beauty, food, travel, etc.)?
- Beauty and Travel one.
Do you enjoy any types of sports or athletics?
- I love Running, Swimming, Cycling, Badminton and Tennis. I love watching Snooker, Basketball, Ice Hockey, anything live really.
What is your favorite beauty product brand?
- The Balm, because of the quality of their products. They are consistently great.
Are you addicted to any TV shows?
- I don't really watch that much TV. However, I love nature programs and when the Big Cat Diary or the Human Planet was on I would move heaven and Earth to watch it.
What is your favorite movie from your childhood?
- 101 Dalmatians
Do you have any strange beauty rituals?
- Ummm not really.
If you could be given any item as a gift, what would it be?
- A round the world air ticket!
What's your favorite scent?
- Currently it's Chance by Chanel but it changes every now and then.
So there you are, now you know lots more about me :) I loved answering all the questions, it made me think about what I have been doing and my beauty history in general.
So I would like to tag the following blogs in an effort to keep the award chain going. I couldn't think of 11 blogs, but I have 5 that are very deserving of the award.
My nominees are:
Sarah from Beauty Baronnes
Jessica from Jessicas Journal
Chloe from CocoMykel
Cate from The perks of being a hipster
Vikki from If you can't move it climb it
My questions are:
a. Why did you start your blog? What motivates you to continue writing regularly?
b. What is your holy grail skincare product?
c. What is your favourite holiday destination (so far)?
d. Cream blush or powder blush?
e. If you could only take 3 beauty products with you on a deserted island which ones would you take?
f. What's the one beauty product that you covet most dearly?
g. What is your favourite mode of transport?
h. What is the most insane adventure you have been on?
i. What is the hardest think you have done?
j. What is the most you have spent on a beauty product?
k. If you could change one thing about your blog, what would it be?
If I haven't tagged you, feel free to post your answers to these questions in the comments box below. I would love to read them, I'm super nosy :)
Thanks again Kallie and Jessica for nominating me. I love the idea of this award and may it flourish for years to come!