Saturday, May 11, 2013

The Review - E.L.F Lip Exfoliator

I thought long and hard about what should be my first post. Should it be about something expensive and fancy or should it be about an innovative product that is cheap as chips and still does the job.

E.L.F (eyes lips face) is a budget cosmetics company. It creates products that are superbly affordable and as a result can be a bit hit or miss. But when they were having their 50% off sale, I couldn't resist and ordered a few things. The lip exfoliator was one of them. I was so intrigued by it you see.
The site describes it as - 'Gently exfoliate lips to remove dry, chapped skin with our Lip Exfoliator! A sweet sugar and smoothing sensation, infused with Vitamin E, Shea Butter, Avocado, Grape and Jojoba Oils to nourish and protect. This Lip Exfoliator treats and smoothes lips for a conditioned and revitalized feel.'



The true genius of the product is that it comes in the form of a lipstick. It's hygenic and mess free. I was so astounded by the simplicity and the efficiency of the product that I bought another one.

I have very dehydrated lips, especially in the winter so this is a must. I hate it when lipstick clings onto dried patches but with this product, I dont have to worry about that anymore.

I use these every day and each one lasts me about a month. Be sure to wet your lips before you scrub as this will ensure that the sugar particles are not too harsh on your lips. Also, make sure you put on a nice soothing lip balm afterwards, I recommend the Simple Essential Lip Balm or the Nuxe Reve de Miel. Ohhh and a word of warning.. don't lick the scrub off as some people do with the Lush one, it doesn't taste that great. I just rub my lips with water and get all the residue off.
PICTURE OF ELF LIP EXFOLIATOR

I realise that my readers from outside the States will be upset as E.L.F is not easily available outside of the US. However, I did find that Urban Outfitters stock this item and they do worldwide delivery.
If you are stuck, you can always try and make your own lip scrubs. I will do a post on how to make a home made lip scrub in a couple of weeks, so watch out for that.

To sum up -

Pros:

  • Easy to use
  • Convenient - quick with no mess
  • Removes dry skin 
  • Makes lips feel soft and full
  • Inexpensive
Cons:
  • Might be a little harsh for some people..
  • Not the best tasting one
Price: $3, E.L.F.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

type='text/javascript'/>