Friday, May 24, 2013

The Empties - May Empties #2

I had so many half empty products that I have finally finished that I am writing a 2nd empties post in a month!! Crazy.. but good crazy :) I love finishing products because I love variety and I like trying new things.


a. Biore warming blackhead fighting cream wash (discontinued) - It took me well over a year of using this every day in the morning to finish 140 ml of this product. It's a wash which when you mix with water it heats up, it's meant to help open up the pores for a deeper clean. I don't really know if it achieves that, but it's a good face wash. It can be a little drying though.
b. Avon's Anew clinical luminosity pro brightening serum (recently discontinued, but you can find it on amazon) - I really really love this serum and I think it's a dupe for Ren's Glycol Lactic Radiance Renewal Mask which is such a hot product these days. I am going to miss it. It's not often that I come across products that work on day 1. This one did for me. It's potent, and some people find that it stings their skin if used straight after cleansing (they ask that you wait 15 mins before applying this after cleansing). It stung for me, but it wasn't bad enough to put me off using this. I applied it ever other night under my night cream and in the morning my skin would look fresh and glowing. It was astounding. This retailed for $25 ish, and you get 30 ml. It lasted me 8 months using every other night. Sad to see it finish.

c. Valentino's Rock 'n Rose (90 ml, $69.99 + tax) - I really loved the way this smelled on me, so I went crazy and bought the biggest size on Strawberrynet. 2 years later, I was tired of looking at this bottle. I think that's a lesson learnt, I will never buy perfume in larger than 50 ml bottles. Don't get me wrong, I still think this smells amazing, but I wont be repurchasing.

d. Night of Olay (56ml, $6.99 + tax) - I used this every night since December. I love this cream, it's your standard cold cream that works but doesn't claim to work miracles. It's affordable and moisturising. I will be repurchasing.

e. Issey Miyake Pleats Please (1 ml) - It's not my favourite scent, but it's not bad either. It's fruity and sweet.

d. Equaline premium cotton rounds (80) - I found these in Jewel Osco for $1 and I love these. They are soft and great quality. I will keep buying these for as long as I can find them.

2 comments :

  1. great empties post!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc

    ps. enter my new giveaway to win asos, topshop or space nk vouchers + a goodie bag! click here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Helen .... thanks so much for your comment. I will check out your blog of course! Xxx

      Delete

type='text/javascript'/>