Wednesday, May 22, 2013

The Notes - Homemade lip scrub


My first actual post on this blog was about a Lip Exfoliator (Scrub) and I had mentioned that I will be doing a post on how you can make your own lip scrub. Lip scrubs can be very expensive (at the end of the post, I will link a few store bought ones that I like) and they are so easy to make at home!

The first thing to note is that I try and use natural and organic ingredients wherever possible. However, I realise that it may not be possible to find these easily in various parts of the world, so this is not a requirement at all. You can also make whatever substitutions or additions you like, this is just a recipe that I used and it works wonderfully.



I usually only make enough for a couple of uses, but you could make enough to fill a tiny jar and leave it by you basin. If you like you could put this in your fridge however, I think the honey could get too hard to use.

Substitutions -
a. Brown sugar - you can use regular sugar. Make sure the particles are not too big, if they are, blend the sugar down in a blender.
b. Honey - this ingredient can be skipped, but I love the taste so I have included it. Instead you can use a couple of drops of an extract that you like (e.g. peppermint or vanilla), some cocoa powder will work well or even a little tiny bit of marmalade?

Store bought lip scrubs, if you want to just buy something that works -
a. Philosophy lip scrub ($16)
b. Lush Bubble Gum lip scrub ($9.95)
c. Bliss Fabulips Sugar lip scrub ($18)

Hope you try this recipe and do let me know if you like how it turned out. Do you have your own favourite recipes for a lip scrub that you like? Fancy sharing with us please?

0 comments :

Post a Comment

type='text/javascript'/>