Monday, January 12, 2015

The Review - Marcelle Gentle Make-Up Remover for Sensitive Eyes

Marcelle is predominantly a Canadian brand. I found it on Birchbox.com and I really wanted to try one of their products. The Marcelle Gentle Make-Up Remover for Sensitive Eyes ($15 for 150 ml) is sold as Canada's #1 selling eye make-up remover so I figured it might be a good idea try.

Marelle Gentle Makeup Remover for Sensitive Eyes
Marelle Gentle Makeup Remover for Sensitive Eyes
Marelle Gentle Makeup Remover for Sensitive Eyes - Ingredients

I have included the shot above to give you an idea of the ingredients. It's a hypo-allergenic and perfume free product. It has been Opthamologist tested which definitely is something that I appreciate. It also get a BEST rating from Paula's Choice!! But for me, the product just doesn't work as well as some of my all time favorite dual phase eye-makeup removers (I love Lancome's BiFacil and Estee Lauder's versions).

I am currently not using waterproof mascara so I was expecting this eye-makeup remover to make short work of it, but I feel like I have to really work the product into my lashes, have to tug a little and rub a lot. I also find that if I get this into my eyes sometimes it stings. It's such a shame as I really was hoping to find myself a new holy grail eye-makeup remover. I am going to keep using this but I am going to use it as a last step in my cleansing routine as opposed to the first step.

Have you tried this product? What did you think of it? What is your holy grail eye-makeup remover?

1 comments :

  1. Aw, too bad it wasn't a huge success, on to the next one I guess! I personally really like La Roche Posay's Respectissime make-up remover.

    ReplyDelete

type='text/javascript'/>