Wednesday, May 14, 2014

FOTD - Green with envy!!

It's time for a Face Of The Day post! Today's look is all about adding some wonderful colour rather than go the ever popular neutral route. I have brown eyes and the colours that suit me with my skin tone, are purples, greens and corals. I find it difficult to pull of blue for an all over eyeshadow colour and I think that's mainly due to my skin tone rather than my eye colour. If you have brown eyes, which colours do you love to use? I'd love some inspiration!



The photo above is awful, because I suck at taking selfies! So I apologise. However, what I did want to convey was that don't be afraid to use coloured eyeshadow because you think it might look really stark or bright. You can see from my (badly shot) selfie above that you can see the green peeking out, and of course when I blink it's more obvious but it's not in your face, hold the lift, kind of scary. 

Lets take a closer look at the eyes.


The products I used are all drugstore barring a couple of favourites. So this look is not only easy but also affordable!

I decided to ditch my foundation and opted for a full coverage pressed powder instead (the Revlon Nearly Naked in Medium/Deep). Once applied, I get my brows done using the Sumita Eyebrow Pencil in Dark and Anastasia Clear Brow Gel. I then pop on my favorite eye primer (the Urban Decay Primer Potion) and apply a thin layer of the Jordana Eyeshadow Pencil in Endless Emerald. I then blend the edges and apply another thin layer making sure both eyes look even. I then use the Bourjois Bronzing Powder in the crease to blend the green out. The reason I used this bronzer is that it has the right amount of warmth to counter balance the cooler toners in the green. I then curl my lashes using the Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler and apply the Marc Jacobs Lash Lifter Mascara. No eyeliner used in this look.

I then apply my favorite under eye concealer (Maybelline Fit Me Concealer in Deep) and blend well. I decided to forgo blush and just use the Bourjois Bronzing Powder as my blush. I then use the Mark Shimmer Cube to highlight under the brow bone, on the cupids bow, on top of my cheek bones.

I finished off using the Maybelline Color Elixir Lip Color in Rose Redefined.


Have you tried to introduce color into your makeup? Have you tried any of these products? Did you like this look? I'd love to hear your thoughts.

If you are interested, I have reviewed all of the products that I have used in various past posts. Just search my blog using the search function in the right hand column.

2 comments :

  1. I love the colour you've used, I think it looks awesome with your skin tone. I've tried using turquoises or green before but it's a bit too bright for me. I've found a winner with lilac though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lilacs would look amazing on you, I'm sure! I think a light blue would look great on you too! I do love color :) xx

    ReplyDelete

type='text/javascript'/>