Thursday, May 15, 2014

[M] Botanicals Hydrating Beauty Balm Review

My blog is still in it's infancy. I don't usually come across brands or other bloggers who are willing to partner up with me as let's face it, there are MANY other blogs with huge followings that they would rather collaborate with. I understand this fact and I'm cool with it. But once in a while you "meet" brands/people who are much more open minded to working with small bloggers and give them a chance. Bexy from [M] Botanicals is one of those people. Thank you Bexy!

About a month ago, I saw a post on twitter which asked bloggers if they'd be interested in trying products from the [M] Botanicals line. I did my research and replied that I'd love to be involved however, the brand is UK based and I am a US based blogger. I have come across this geographic restriction before and figured that Bexy would write back with the standard - 'Thanks, but we are only looking for UK based bloggers at the moment' reply. So imagine my surprise when she said that she'd be happy to send me something all the way to Chicago!


[M] Botanicals is a skincare range that was started by Bexy. Her products are made in England and her formulas are 100% natural, which means her products are made from extracts, veggie oils and butters and essential oils as well as actives derived from nature. She sells her products through Etsy store and she offers worldwide shipping. For more information contact her on her Etsy or via Twitter @mbotanicalsuk

I also love that since her's is a smaller niche brand, her products are are handmade in small batches or made individually at the time of order to keep them as fresh and naturally fragrant as possible. She does not add preservatives because they are anhydrous (do not contain water) so all you get is pure active ingredients and nothing else. Also great is that where possible she uses as many raw materials from fair trade sources. This is so important and many big brands gloss over this subject as it cuts into their bottom line.

Just to note, that in no way was I obliged to review the following product, nor was I compensated for my review. As usual all my opinions are based on my experience with the product.

I was delighted to receive the [M] Botanicals Hydrating Beauty Balm which I use as my night cream. The product came beautifully packaged in a glass jar which is tinted to protect the ingredients inside. The label is minimalistic and clear. The [M] Botanicals Hydrating Beauty Balm retails for £22.50 or
$38.79 for 60 grams or 2 oz. Which is a generous amount of product.

The description on the front reads - A moisturising treatment contains high levels of Rosehip oil - a potent anti-oxidant that repairs, firms and hydrates - and Borage, Frankincense, Chamomile, Geranium and Rose, help to enrich the skin, restoring it's natural balance.

The full ingredient list: Hydrogenated olive oil (olive wax), Borago officinalis (borage) oil, Cocos nucifera (Coconut)oil, Theobroma cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Shorea Stenoptera (Illipe) Butter, Pentaclethra Macroloba (Pracaxi) Oil, Prunus armeniaca (Apricot) kernal oil, Rosa Canina Flower Extract, Hippophae Rhamnoides Extract, Nigella (Blackseed) Oil, tocopherol, Matricaria Chamomila (Chamomile) Oil, Boswellia Carterii (Frankincense) Extract, Rosa Centifolia (Rose) Oil, Pelargonium Graveolens (Geranium) Oil, Citral, Citronellol, Coumarin, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool



Once you unscrew the cap, the first thing you notice is gorgeous smell. It's a delightfully herbal/floral scent that immediately soothes and I'm guilty of sometimes opening the jar just to sniff the smell. I can never get enough!

The consistency of the balm is very much like the cleansing balms that are so popular these days. It's not a cream. It is very much a balm that if you take onto your palms and rub will turn into almost an oil. However, when rubbed into the skin, my face never feels oily. It is absorbed quickly and I think it helps me sleep better due to the scent. If you do live in warm countries, this product might melt, which wouldn't bother me, but might bother some people.

[M] Botanicals Hydrating Beauty Balm

The morning after effect is that my face is not tight or dehydrated in any way. My skin feels plump to touch. I have been using this product for the last 10 days so cannot comment on it's long term effects but I can say that I did not break out in any way. I only use it at night though. I believe that if you have dry skin or live in a dry/cold climate the [M] Botanicals Hydrating Beauty Balm will change your dry skin woes.

Have you tried anything from the [M] Botanicals line? I really fancy their Gentle Enzyme Cleansing Grains which contains Rose Clay, Rose, Papaya, Argan. They do a few different varieties of these cleansing grains.

2 comments :

  1. Wow that product looks gorgeous! Just the kind of thing I like. I'll have to look up her etsy store and see about getting some.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew you'd be interested since you are a Neal's Yard kinda gal :) Let me know what products you go for if you do make a purchase from [M] Botanicals!

    ReplyDelete

type='text/javascript'/>