Thursday, August 15, 2013

The Notes - Disappointing products

I love reading rave reviews about great working products but sometimes we all come across products that just don't do live up to expectations. I always research quite a bit before making purchases but I have found a few products that I own that I am really disappointed with. All of these products are quite pricey as I believe if you spend $5 on something that doesn't work, it's an easier pill to swallow than say if you spent $30 on something that is disappointing.

As with all beauty purchases, some things that work for me might not work for you and vice versa, so please don't be offended if some of these are you holy grail products, they just don't work for me.

It's a 10 miracle leave-in product


It's a 10 miracle leave-in product - I have seen so many youtube gurus raving about this, so when I saw this on sale for $30 (for 300 ml) at Nordstrom Rack, I thought it was a good deal. I think this does absolutely nothing for my hair. Super disappointing at that price, I now have a ton of product left that I don't like.

Percy & Reed Brilliantly Beautiful Superglossing Mask

Percy & Reed Brilliantly Beautiful Superglossing Mask - For $27.80 for 175 ml, this is a pricey hair mask but I figured it was worth a try. I love shiny glossy hair. This mask just dries out my hair and makes it brittle. Really dislike this.

Clinique Pore Refining Solutions Correcting Serum

Clinique Pore Refining Solutions Correcting Serum - This was an impulse purchase, something I rarely do, but the sales assistant was very good at making me feel like this is a must have product. The claims are that this will help reduce the size of your pores and even out your skin tone. This cost me a cool $44 for 30 ml and does shrink my pores slightly but doesn't help in any other way and I have heard that once you stop using this serum your pores go back to the way they were before. So disappointing as Clinique is such a great brand that comes out with amazing products.

The Body Shop Wild Rose Hand Cream

The Body Shop Wild Rose Hand Cream - I adore Body Shop's hand creams and scrubs. So when this cream was on offer online for $10 I decided to get it. I do like the cream but it smells like my grandma and the consistency is too watery for my liking as it doesn't provide the level of hydration that I need.


I hope you found this post helpful, have you been disappointed with any of your beauty purchases?

6 comments :

  1. Hm thats odd you didnt like the itsa10 product, so many people rave about it. Now Im lad I didnt buy it ! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you can get the same effect by using Argan oil (which costs way less), it just didn't wow me at all.

      Delete
  2. I was planning to buy the same Clinique product that you featured here! ust like you- the sales person made me think it was "THE" product that my face needed :D . Thanks for the warning.. Now I will ask for a tester first! :)

    Have you been satisfied with Clinique toners? I got one last week and now i repent it. It has alcohol (dislike!!) :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried any of the Clinique toners.. yeah the ones with alcohol are definitely to be avoided.

      Glad this post helped you! x

      Delete
  3. I really enjoy posts like this, it's helpful to remind yourself sometimes that things don't work for everyone! I have a Percy & Reed finishing balm and was really underwhelmed, too, it smells so chemically and left my hair feeling dry :(

    Jess xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know.. I am not likely to try any more Percy Reed products.. what a waste of money. Glad you thought this post was interesting. I was not sure how people might feel about it.
      xxx

      Delete

type='text/javascript'/>