Wednesday, May 15, 2013

The Notes - A bit of a departure

This blog post is going to be a bit of a departure from the usual posts around products and looks. We are going to discuss how your health affects our face and much more importantly our confidence. I recently came across the poster below which made me smile and I thought I'd share it with you.




The poster talks about outer beauty, but the way to look beautiful with or without makeup is to be confident and happy and exercise is scientifically proven to help with that.

I am not a fitness fanatic, not even close. But I do want to get better at looking after my body. I started today with a 2.3 mile run. It might seem like a lot to some people and very little to others. It's all relative. For me it was a nice distance to run, it didn't make me hurt all over but it did make me sweat a lot and made me push myself to finish. I want to start running regularly because I enjoy it and if you guys don't mind, I am going to finish every post with a little - how much exercise did I do today tidbit because that will push me to get out and get fit.

Below are some tips to get going with your exercise regime if you are struggling like I was. These have helped me, so maybe they will help you too :
a. If you would like exercise after work like me you could be suffering from inertia. So, when you get home from work put on your gym/fitness clothes on. The fact that you are already wearing them will make you want to exercise.
b. Don't over think it, not all of us are marathon runners or health nuts, so just start out and see how far you get. No pressure.
c. Be happy with what you have achieved.
d. Share with others, this is the most important tip really. I share my daily achievements with my husband and my mum and now you guys!

Hope this post doesn't come across as preachy or boring. Do you guys struggle with keeping fit and eating right? Do share your tips on how to get better at doing both, I need all the help I can get! :)

0 comments :

Post a Comment

type='text/javascript'/>