Sunday, December 28, 2014

My favored lightweight base for the holiday - Bourjois Bronzing Primer & YSL Matt & Radiant Pressed Powder

I love a good simple hydrating base for the holidays and anytime I am feeling stressed. It's a great way to give my skin some space and a little R&R. I have yet to find my perfect light weight base, but for now, I am really happy with this combo that I have come up with.

This is what I do, I open this lovely smelling tub of deliciously chocolatey goo. It's called the Bourjois Bronzing Primer, for my NC42 skintone, this bronzing primer is the perfect shade as an all over base. The longevity is wonderful, I don't feel like the base breaks down on my face for about 8 hours or so. The primer gives me a lovely soft finish with all the hydration that I need during the winter months. The primer is all matte, and can be blended out as much as you like, so if you are paler, just use less. I use the Real Techniques Buffing Brush to do the job.

Another lovely selling feature is that it's very affordable at $11.31 for 18 ml on lifeandlooks.com

Bourjois Bronzing PrimerBourjois Bronzing Primer
Bourjois Bronzing Primer

Once I have blended out the Bourjois Bronzing Primer I feel like I still need a little more coverage, a little more a barrier to make sure that the finish I want lasts. So to that end, I decided to whip out my trusty and luxurious YSL Matt & Radiant Pressed Powder which is an expensive foundation powder at $47 for 10 grams but I think it's truly worth it. It is made in France, talk about fancy. These come in 6 shades, although they are not all easy to find. I managed to get my hand on the shade 5 which is a tinge dark for me, but since you only need a small dusting, it works for me. The powder is so finely milled that if you run a finger over the surface, you will feel that you are touching silk. There is no noticeable shimmer to it, but amazingly it does light up my face when I dust it all over using a skunk brush or a light and fluffy powder brush. I have owned this powder for 3 years and have managed to hit pan big time.

YSL Matt & Radiant Pressed Powder
YSL Matt & Radiant Pressed Powder
YSL Matt & Radiant Pressed Powder

This is look and finish that I end up with. It's a simple base, far from full coverage, but it makes my skin sing. What are your hydrating, skin nourishing bases?


Don't forget to enter my Kyoku for men skincare giveaway here. Only 6 days left!!

0 comments :

Post a Comment

type='text/javascript'/>