Saturday, March 15, 2014

March 2014 Ipsy Glam Bag unboxing

I was so excited to see the bright pink envelop in my post box yesterday. In fact I decided to come back up to my apartment and open the bag before heading out again :) I couldn't face not knowing what goodies were going to be mine this month.

This month's IPSY bag is a special edition bag which is based on one of the designs by the artist Klari Reis. I am still not sure if I like the bag or not. I don't like the material used, it's a shiny cheap plastic. Ah well, it will be easy to clean if I do decide to use it. I do like the fact that they are working with some local artists and promoting the artist's work.

March 2014 Ipsy Glam Bag
March 2014 Ipsy Glam Bag

This month we were only sent 4 products instead of the usual 5. I think the bag is meant to be special enough this month to allow IPSY to only send 4 products. Not sure about that :) But I do like the products that I received.

March 2014 Ipsy Glam Bag

The first item I pulled out was the NYX eyeshadow trio in Love in Rio. I was sent the shade Amazonian Babes and it's a full sized item! I love the colours as they are all neutrals which makes them really useable. Each of the shadows are 1 g or 0.035 oz and so there is quite a bit of product included. I do love the packaging too. It's neat and clean.

NYX Love in Rio
NYX Love in Rio
Swatches in sun light
NYX Love in Rio
Swatches in day light
I do like how smoothly these swatched and that they have plenty of pigmentation. I haven't worn this on my eyes yet but if you have tried these trios then do let me know!

Then comes the item that I am the most excited about. It's a Bareminerals Marvelous Moxie Lipstick. I received the shade Get Ready and I am just gaga over this shade and over this formula. Rest assured I will be buying more of these lipsticks. The size we received is 0.05 oz which is about half the size of the full lipstick which is ok with me. It's a decent size. The lipstick has a subtle vanilla scent. The shade is a perfect neutral mauve and I want to use this every day for the rest of my life!! It's that pretty.

Bareminerals Marvelous Moxie Lipstick

The third item is a Pixi Beauty Flawless Beauty Primer which is meant to be a hydrating primer that evens out the skintone and adds a youthful glow. It is the second Pixi Beauty primer (the first was the Poreless & Flawless primer - which I loved) that IPSY has sent me. I like that these tubes are a generous size (12 ml) so there is enough product to really test out the product. I think Pixi Beauty products are really well priced and provide good quality.

This primer is thicker than the Flawless & Poreless primer and contains some micro shimmer. You can see it in the swatches below.

Pixi Beauty Flawless Beauty Primer

The last product is also one of my favourites, it's a Chella eyeliner pen. I love Chella products, it's a brand I discovered through previous IPSY bags and I think their products are amazing quality. I am so impressed that they sent us a full sized eyeliner this month. This eyeliner pen comes with a fairly long pointy flexible felt tip pen. The shade I received is Indigo Blue and I am so stoked that I am going to be using this all Spring and Summer.

Top to Bottom in daylight - Chella Eyeliner in Indigo Blue / Bareminerals Marvelous Moxie Lipstick in Get Ready / Pixi Beauty Flawless Beauty Primer (unblended)
Top to Bottom swatches in daylight - Chella Eyeliner in Indigo Blue / Bareminerals Marvelous Moxie Lipstick in Get Ready / Pixi Beauty Flawless Beauty Primer (blended)
Top to Bottom swatches in sunlight - Chella Eyeliner in Indigo Blue / Bareminerals Marvelous Moxie Lipstick in Get Ready / Pixi Beauty Flawless Beauty Primer (blended)
If you haven't subscribed to IPSY yet, then you are missing out. For $10 a month you get quite a lot of goodies to try every month. The total value of this month's bag is $50!

2 comments :

  1. I love the selection and I actually like the bag and that they featured a local artist! :)

    xx,
    CJ
    NANSHY BRUSH SET - CRUELTY FREE - PETA APPROVED : A REVIEW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Ipsy, they always provide really good value.

    ReplyDelete

type='text/javascript'/>