Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Products that I have hit pan on..


Another post about products that are nearly empty. I am on a project pan / using up kick with my makeup. I have a shopping addiction and over the last 4 years I have purchased a lot of makeup and skincare. Skincare, I use and get through quickly but makeup tends to hang around a lot, especially since I tend to only use makeup on weekdays and go makeup free on weekends.

But I have found that when I concentrate my use on a small collection of products I can use them up eventually. If you like seeing products being used up then you will love this post. I have hit pan on several products that I am hoping to finish by summer this year. I love all of them (obviously) as I tend to declutter items that I cannot work with.

I recently hit pan on the Pixi Summertime Bronzer, this only comes with 3g of product and I got it in an Ipsy bag. So it was easier to hit pan on than some other bronzers which tend to come with a lot of product. It's still a feat for me as I am already tan and I only use this in the winter months. However, I plan on using this as my all over dusting of powder as I get darker. This is a cool toned bronzer which is light but fairly pigmented. It is also shimmery with tiny gold particles in it. I have been using it to contour for a very subtle contour and it works well on my NC42 skin tone. However, if you are darker than me, this wont show up on you at all. It can still be used as a darker version of Hourglass' Dim Light though as it looks beautiful gently dusted all over the skin for an instant glow. It's a nice product.

I have hit pan on a Clinique blush that came in a gift with purchase (GWP) palette. This is a very old GWP, but I believe they still sell these products separately. The blush is in the shade Sunset Glow and it's my favourite blush of all time. It's a very natural rusty mauve shade that is wearable but can be built up for an intense blush. It's a stunning colour and I will miss it when it's gone. The one I have is only 1.7g as it was part of the GWP. In the same palette I have also hit pan on the light cream shade in the eyeshadow duo - Butter Pecan. Clinique shadows have a terrible reputation and this duo is awful. However, I have used the cream shade to gently clean up around my eyebrows to make them look bolder and it works as there is almost no pigmentation at all. I have recently started using the brown shade in my brows and it works ok. I will declutter this palette when I have finished the blush.

The last powder product is the Matt and Radiant Pressed Powder from YSL in the shade 5. This shade is too dark for me, except when I am tanned so I can only use it in the Summer. It's a lovely powder that's almost creamy. It also has a lot of coverage. I will try and finish this in the Summer and declutter when I can't finish as this powder is over 5 years old! Yuck.

The two cream eye shadows that I have hit pan on are Maybelline's Pomegranate punk and Benefit's Busy signal. I love them both however, I am partial to the Benefit's formula which remains creamy for years. However, I plan on finishing both of these this year and I think I will be able to as I love them. I finished Maybelline's Bad to the Bronze last year and haven't replaced it.

Lastly, I have two Jouer products that I love and have been using regularly for over a year that I have major pan on. The first is their tint in Bare which is a lovely wearable everyday cream blush. You could wear this on your lips too, however, I like it better as a blush. I wear it everyday under my Clinique blush. The other product is a duo called Whisper and Feather, these are marketed as tint and highlighter duo. Jouer says that you can use the peachy shimmery shade as a cream blush and the champagne shimmery shade as a highlighter. I use both of these as highlighters, sometimes, I even mix them together. They give a lovely glow to the skin and last for about 4 hours on me, which is average for a cream product. I reckon both of these products will be done in a couple of months.

Hope you enjoyed reading about products that I have been using a lot lately. See you soon!

0 comments :

Post a Comment

type='text/javascript'/>